At Lara’s Dream Employer, we work hard to promote a cross-functional team. Our ideal candidate for this role is passionate about helping designers and content providers understand the technology behind what they create and is always devising methods to smooth out the idea to implementation workflow.
- Work with UX team to ensure technical feasibility of designs and contribute technical insight during the creative process.
- Work with back-end team to ensure a clean content structure, implemented according to specifications.
- Architect semantic, accessible markup in plain HTML and templating languages.
- Write clean, modular Sass/CSS using abstractions and a design system/style guide mentality.
- Apply visual design/UX knowledge during development process to improve upon existing designs.
- Craft UI components within frameworks like React or Vue.js.
- Illustrate engaging graphics and characters to complement written content.
- Transfer graphics from software to code, exporting and optimizing clean SVG files.
- Create subtle, narrative SVG animations using CSS and GSAP.
Technologies We Use
While we strongly believe in selecting the right tool for the job, here are a few we often refer to:
- WordPress and its REST API
- Templating languages (Pug, Twig)
- Sass and CSS-in-JS
- GreenSock Animation Platform
Given our “right tool for the job” mindset, we are always adapting to and researching new technologies. Our ideal candidate should, however, have extensive experience in UI development and best practices regarding accessibility and performance, as well as experience with some of the technologies listed above. That being said, at Lara’s Dream Employer, we value passionate people and the ability to adapt and learn quickly over intimate knowledge of a specific language or framework.
Lara’s Dream Employer is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to increase diversity in the tech industry. We encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, and other communities traditionally underrepresented in this field.