Last week I gave a talk about my experience as a freelancer at the Per Scholas Lunch & Learn, hosted by the New York Tech Council. Per Scholas is a non-profit that provides IT training and job placement for people in low-income communities. Be sure to check out the other talks by my fellow Buspreneurs James Wanga and Salman Ansari.
My slides are here, and a list of resources I referenced throughout the talk:
- How to go freelance (Medium article)
- F_ck you, pay me (Mike Monteiro), only the greatest video ever
- How to Get the Work You Want (Dan Mall)
- A guy’s unsolicited rebrand of Microsoft, then got a job there (referenced in above article)
- New Work City, coworking in NYC